I was thinking about how I didn't lose weight last week, and thinking on what I've done this week for that. I mentioned that I was going to do the exact same as I had been in the first place, weighing and logging everything. Which I've done.
I've also eaten a bit more than my calorie limit on most days. Sometimes only 50kCal over, sometimes as much as 400kCal. I noticed that my eating has been more erratic this week and I've been reaching for the higher energy foods. I think there were a few factors for this.
- Busy, busy week at work this week. We've all felt it. Many of us had mid-project reports due in and the stress/tension was making us all go a little nutty. We had a pretty explosive department meeting; Last minute changes to our programming that were not communicated; The bloke who works next to me teaching himself a new computer system; I myself on Friday went a little silly by 'mooing' at my co-workers (hands as horns and all :-D ). The two women who sit behind me (our chairs back onto each other) ate an entire 800g bag of Minties in one morning. They cracked it open at 8.30am and by 11am they were all gone. O_O
- Long, long hours. I've been waking up early in order to get into work and do stuff before most others arrive. It becomes a noisy workspace when we're all in there in the half hour before we start our day.
- The weather turned. We've been having unseasonably warm weather this winter.
SomeMost days have been much more like late spring/early summer. So this week when we got our normal late winter weather, it's been a surprise. And maybe a bit of a shock to the system so the body is trying to compensate by consuming/craving more calories.
- I think my body might have been trying to make up for the fact that I ate way under two days ago. So, whilst last week I managed to not over eat to compensate, this week it seemed I did.
- I didn't do my grocery shopping on the weekend, so I didn't have much in the way of fruit, or salad ingredients, or even vegetables to steam. I had enough food in the freezer that I had stuff to eat, but I portioned up those foods in such a manner that I would eat them alongside a salad or vegetables (lasagne for example. Not enough on its own, but with vege - makes a meal!). My lunches were pretty sorry for themselves.