Tuesday 13 August 2013

Measurement Monday - Round 2

Urgh! I always plan to get online more frequently and to blog more, but it never seems to happen.  It takes me long enough to just log in my food to MFP.  I get so distracted by other webpages or TV that I don't seem to ever complete any writing.  :-S  So, I did actually take my measurements Monday and I didn't get around to posting them.  Oops

Anyhow, I've been logging some more this week.  Admittedly, my eating's been really poor in the last 7 days.  Thursday/Friday I was home sick from work.  Barely ate either day.  Saturday and Sunday were similar.  It's only today that I've started to eat "normally" again - still not great, but better than I was.

Start:               107.6 kg
Last week:        103.0kg
Current:         101.2kg
Weekly change:      -1.8kg
Total Loss:           6.4kg

As a result, I have lost weight since last week.  Not entirely sure how accurate it is.  Well, of course, it accurately reflects that I didn't eat for 4 days, but it doesn't really reflect my focus on good eating choices and watching what I eat.  It's a much bigger result than I was thinking.  Hopefully I can take something away from this week and concentrate on not overeating.  I don't want to compensate for the four days of not eating by eating too much this week.  I'm going to stick to my target as closely as I can and hopefully not such a drastic drop next week.  I'm definitely happy to lose weight at a slow pace, but a steady downwards trend.

At this point in time, I'm starting to feel that I am losing weight too quickly.  I only want? expected? to lose somewhere between 0.5-1kg per week.  (1-2.5 lbs).  In seven weeks, I've lost 6.4kg (14 lbs).  AND.... I'm an idiot.  I've just worked out the maths (my breain is so not switched on today).  If I average out my loss across the seven weeks since I started, I'm actually doing okay. 0.9kg/wk average or 2lb/week. Carry on...


Oh. My. Word.

I now weigh less than I did when I started at my new job at the start of the year.


I've only just worked that out as I am writing this post. Flicking back through my diary, I noticed I entered in my weight in January the day before my first day. I now weigh under that. That is completely unbelievable to me. I was 103.9kg that day (229lbs). (The week before was 104.1kg, so very much the same)(229.5lbs). And now I'm at least 1.5kg lighter than that (3.3lbs). Un-frelling-believable.

Originally when I started today's post, I was thinking I might reach under 100kg (220.5lbs) by the end of the month. Now, I'm wondering if I'm going to end up at my "starting weight" of 97kg (214 lbs). That's how much I weighed when I first started the blog, way back in April 2012. It's what inspired the orginal name, 27 Years Old and 27 Kilos Too Heavy.

Look, I'm not going to push for 97 kilos, but I definitely think I will be under 100. In only two weeks left (of August weigh-ins anyway), it's pretty unlikely to be 97kg. But I'll definitely be expecting less than 100 kg.

Amazing!

3 comments:

  1. You lost almost 2kg. That's some achievement lady. You did good :-).I really think you can make 97kg by the end of the month.

    ~Enyonam
    http://transitioningto143.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes!!!!! If you lose weight quickly--more power to ya! I'm so happy for you! Keep the mindset up. You're doing so great! :D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement! If you read today's posts, I think you'll see that under 100 is more likely than 97, but really, both are good.

    And really, I'll get to 97 soon enough anyway. :D

    ReplyDelete