Saturday 24 August 2013

It's Monday!

Man.... I need to work out a better system to updating. I really love sharing what I've done in my week, but I never seem to get it all down "on paper" in time Monday evening.   Hmmm.... anyway!

Surprise surprise, no weight change this week.

I weighed in at exactly the same weight as last week - 101.2kg (223.1lbs).

The surprise surprise was sarcastic by the way.  I was kind of expecting, after losing so much so quickly in the last few weeks, that there wouldn't be a big change this week.  On top of which, there were some days in the past two weeks where I was sick and I ate barely anything.  Sometimes, not even half the calories I was supposed to.  If that happens 4 days in a row, of course there is going to be a flow-on effect from that.  I doubt my body "went into starvation mode", but it certainly wouldn't have metabolised as efficiently as it should have in the days following.  So, no loss this week.

At this stage, I'm not panicking.  If in another week I'm the same again, well, then I'll consider what I need to look at.

I think this week, I'll continue to eat as I have been, weighing and logging everything.  I've been making use of the recipe tab on MFP (myfitnesspal) as much as possible when I've been cooking.  The only downside is working out how many 'servings' I've made.  For some foods it has been easy, because I have been able to portion the food up straightaway, and weighed each one to get an average.  Other food has proven more difficult, for example the pesto salad I made myself for lunch today.



I made the pesto myself.  It was my first time ever trying to make it - just chucked everything into the food processor - whee! - and hey presto; pesto! (I love puns!) and then I cooked up some pasta and used some tomatoes and tuna to make a pesto salad.  It was definitely yummy!!  Yesterday I ate only 100g of it, as a taster, today I had 300g for lunch.  Easy enough to average those two amounts out over the last two days. But this amount you see here, it's 470g and I haven't worked out if this is a whole portion, or half a portion or even if I am going to split into 3 amounts.  Very frustrating

Aaaaaand, I'm going to leave this post here, and continue my thoughts in a follow-up post later today.  It makes more sense as I'll be writing it from Saturday's perspective, not Monday evening's.  



3 comments:

  1. I usually calculate the calories in the total dish and use measuring cups to divide portions.I find this way easier in getting to know how many calories each portion has.

    The pesto looks yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Enyonam!
      It's funny, I was thinking about this just today as I was making myself another pasta salad (yes, I'm a carbs person, sorry!) today and that there had to be a way to do this easily! :)
      Are you suggesting that I should enter the recipe as a "whole", ie, 1 serving, and then as I dish it out, use measuring cups and enter that as the amount of the serving? Eg '3/4 cup of 1 serving' ? Or did I miss your point? (I have that talent often... :S)
      Thank-you for the advice Enyonam. I'll have to play around with that and give it a go.
      :)

      Delete
  2. Lol! Yes my dear, you are on track. :)

    ReplyDelete